Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Liebster Award

ummm wow! Speechless really =) I have a completely surprising and unexpected post for you today that I hope you will enjoy! I was nominated this past weekend for The Liebster Award by Marissa over at Get Polished Up. I am one of those weirdos that researches like crazy when they are new to something. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers, in order to help spread the word about their blog.I am TRULY  honored, surprised, THANKFUL etc. to be nominated for this and I really hope you all enjoy reading this post... stick around I bet you will find something in here to make fun of me for ;) as there are questions/facts that follow! 



 The rules are: 

1. You must post 11 random facts about yourself.

2. You must answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked.
3. You must then come up with 11 new questions and tag 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers to keep the ball rolling. No tag backs, however! 

First up are the 11 random facts about myself:


1. I have always been an avid dog lover... Right now we have 3... 2 chihuahuas and 1 Lab/Vizsla (all the nicest people you could ever ask for) Yes I am THAT PERSON who considers their dogs as family... it's true. 
2. I AM a reader... books over movies, that does not mean I do not like movies though ;)
3. I have a love for all things Harry Potter (I have all the books and movies) I have even been to Harry Potter World at Universal Orlando!!! and I want to go back!
4. I have played tennis ever since my sister started to play and I still do... when given the chance.
5. I attended Lee College (Baytown,TX) and played tennis for the school as well, we won a national championship, probably one of the most memorable things that has happened to me to date!
6. After that I went on to PVAMU, I played a bit there and met some wonderful people I couldn't imagine not knowing.
7. Speaking of wonderful people, I am a big family person. I don't know what I would do without each and every single one of them... I MEAN everyone has a quirky uncle right? ;)
8. I am actually VERY SHY until you really get to know me and then you can't shut me up!
9. Being shy and blogging actually work out better than I thought.I get to sit here upload pictures, give my opinions, talk to you great people all without the actual face to face. I LOVE IT! Honestly if I get to know you through the blog, I most likely won't be shy if we were to ever meet.
10. All of my closest friends know that if I am a little mean to them I really consider them more than good friends... I am very loyal to them, and hopefully to you guys as well.
11. I actually know very little about this nail polish world we currently reside in and I would love to know more, so please feel free to help me if I get something wrong! I am open to constructive criticism.

Marissa's questions are as follows:
1. What is your favorite band?
well I do love me some Eli Young Band and Josh Abbott Band oh and you can throw in some All American Rejects (I don't just have one but those are def in the top)
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I have always wanted to go to Greece. It seems so unbelievably gorgeous and unforgettable there.anybody with me on that one?
3. What is your favorite nail polish of all time?
My favorite nail polish of all time you ask... well I am pretty stinking new to all things nail polish but let's just say I have a special place for all things NPB, because wow!
4. If you could meet anyone, past or present, who would it be and why?
I would like to meet my Grandpa on my mom's side, I didn't really know him for that long... he passed away when I was just a year.
5. What inspired you to start your blog?
WHAT not who... the will power I had to let my nails grow in conjunction with seeing all these amazing blogs with such incredible pictures really made me realize my secret WANT to start blogging.
6. Where is your favorite place to buy nail polish?
online... My work hours are crazy so the internet and etsy/llarowe are my friends FOREVER.
7. What is your favorite beauty product (besides nail polish)?
I love my MAC Fluidline and their angled brush (my dog enjoys their eyeliner brush as well *rolls eyes*)
8. What is your favorite movie?
Fav Movie of all time: Grease (fond memories)
9. Do you have any pets?
I have one adorable chihuahua dog who I am sure will make an appearance. Then we have 2 family dogs.I used to have turtles before my loving/annoying pup
10. What do you do as a career (or what are you planning on doing)?
I am an office manager for a small business. I am happy to say I have no restrictions on my work polish or attire. =)
11. What is your favorite sports team?
Houston Astros always and forever


Now here are my questions to you wonderful fellow bloggers:
1) What is your absolute favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
2) What is your favorite book?
3) Which do you prefer stamping, freehand, or wraps?
4) What is your middle name?
5) If you could have any pet in the world what would be?
6) If you could be a part of any movie what would it be? (i wanna answer this one Harry Potter or Pleasantville prob the first)
7) If you could live anywhere, where would it be (think not leaving family or friends behind)?
8) What genre(s) of music do you listen to?
9) What is your favorite store to shop at?
10) Text or phone call?
11) Foil Method, Glue Method or Yellow Stopper for glitter polish removal?


And the nominees are:

1)A Painted Nail
2)Nail to Nail Interpretation
3)Abominabale Attempts
4)Stickman Nails
5)Rose Tint My Nails
6)She Nail*d It
7)Light of the Moon Nails
8)Makeup and Polish Obsessed Girl
9)Ooooo Shiny
10)MASPOOASE
11) Nailed-into-you

PS I have seriously super stalked all of your pages. I'd apologize but I'm not really sorry.

Thanks for sticking around


-J

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! And yes - Grease is the best movie ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on the award! p.s. texas nail bloggers are awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ma'am they are! I noticed you were one as soon as I was done stalking... *ahem* reading your blog!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much :) Can't wait to do mine :)

    ReplyDelete

hey you yes you if you made it this far down the page, leave me a comment! I appreciate EVERY comment and will try my best to get back to them as SOON as I can. Thanks for reading!